AltRider DualControl – 25.4mm Riser for the Kawasaki KLR 650 (2011 and Newer)
Adventure riders face two challenges when it comes to the rear brake. The first is that most OEM rear brake pedals have a small footprint often making it difficult to find and apply in reaction situations. Most ADV riders also substantially change foot position as they switch between seated and standing riding positions and as riders are forced to react and respond these small delays in applying the brakes can lead to disaster.
AltRider’s patent-pending two-piece system is designed to enhance control of the rear brake and improve reaction time regardless of riding position.
Riders who venture off the beaten path are constantly subjected changing terrain and endless adjustments on the bike. The enlarger plate is constructed of billet aluminum and is precision fitted to each bike model for long-term stability. Together with the pre-installed and replaceable grip pins the enlarger offers riders a greater surface area and improved control over the rear brake.
When a rider is in the seated position the angle of the bent knee tends to force the foot into a downward position. When a rider rises into a standing position the straighter leg raises the foot into more of a horizontal position. With the OEM brake pedal alone there is no way to maintain proper foot positioning when transitioning between sitting and standing. Together with the enlarger plate the billet aluminum riser gives riders two levels at which to engage the rear brake and ensures optimal foot position at all times.
Both the enlarger and riser are available as individual pieces or as a kit.
- Billet aluminum enlarger plate is precision fit to the KLR650
- 25.4mm riser is constructed of billet aluminum
- Stainless steel bottom plate protects against off-road abrasions
- Grip pins provide traction in all conditions extras included
- Installs easily with included stainless steel hardware
- Available in black or silver finish
- 100% designed and manufactured in the USA
- Compatible with 2011-current Kawasaki KLR650
- Patent pending design