AltRider Clear Headlight Guard Extended Lens for the BMW R 1200 GS LC
Note: This product includes the polycarbonate headlight guard lens only. For the entire kit with mounting brackets please see select polycarbonate kit from the dropdown.
AltRider’s polycarbonate headlight guard for the R 1200 GSW features a resilient face that’s precision cut from the same material used in bullet-proof windows. This polycarbonate is formulated with a hardened scratch and impact resistant surface both front and rear. The face attaches to the stainless steel frame with a custom machined aluminum ball and rubber socket connection that provides a sturdy connection free of any vibration. These innovative fasteners make removal of the guard for cleaning a cinch €“ no tools required. The polycarbonate guard is also interchangeable with all versions of the AltRider headlight guard.
This version of the AltRider headlight guard features an extension in the design to protect the LED heat sink or any accessory lights located beneath the main headlight.
The metal hardware of the headlight guard is available in brushed stainless or powdercoat black finish €“ both are incredibly resistant to rust and weathering. The headlight guard will fit both the halogen and LED headlights.
NOT Compatible with R 1200 GSW Adventure
- All AltRider products are 100% designed and manufactured in the USA
- Polycarbonate lens only
- Polycarbonate face resistant to impacts and is specially treated to harden the surface to resist scratches
- Extended version protects LED heat sink or accessory lights below headlight
- Custom machined ball and socket connection allow removal of face without any tools
- Interchangeable with all versions of the AltRider headlight guard
- Compatible with halogen and LED headlight
- Available in brushed stainless and powdercoat black finish
NOTE: Polycarbonate will react to certain chemicals and requires specific care to clean correctly and keep looking good for the long haul. Cleaning improperly can result in scratches hazing surface crazing and cracking. See our blog post on proper cleaning of our polycarbonate headlight guards.