Save by ordering the Crash Bars and Skid Plate for the water cooled R 1250 GS as a kit instead of separate pieces.
The new R 1250 GS is generating a lot of buzz in the ADV world. At over 550 pounds it also generates a lot of force in a crash. Provide absolute protection for your liquid cooled R 1250 GS with the Crash Bar and Skid Plate System from AltRider.
The heart of the system is the 3/16 inch (4.76 mm) stainless steel bracket on each side that serves as a mounting point for the crash bars and skid plate – linking them together to form an incredibly strong unit that distributes force evenly throughout the entire structure. The brackets attach to the frame of the motorcycle ensuring impact from a crash isn’t transferred to your water boxer motor. Two sturdy M12 Torx bolts secure each bracket preventing them from twisting on impact.
The AltRider Crash Bars are constructed from stout 1.25 inch (31.75 mm) stainless steel tubing and provide complete protection to the cylinder head and motor in the event of a fall. Available in shot peen satin or powder coat black finish.
The 3/16 inch (4.76 mm) thick AltRider Skid Plate provides one piece tire-to-tire protection of the entire underside of the motorcycle and exhaust. The patent pending design completely isolates the motor from impacts to the skid plate. Available in anodized silver or black.
- All AltRider motorcycle accessories are 100% designed and manufactured in the USA
- System does not rely on motor as mount, deflecting impacts away from engine
- Complete protection system for the R 1200 GSW includes AltRider Crash Bars, Skid Plate and mounting brackets
- 3/16 inch (4.76 mm) stainless steel brackets link Crash Bars and Skid Plate – distributing impact evenly throughout structure
- Crash Bars available in shot peen satin or powder coat black finish
- Skid Plate available in anodized silver or black
- Compatible with R 1200 GS Rallye and Exclusive Models
- Compatible with Remus header