AltRider Crash Bar and Skid Plate System for the BMW R 1200 GS Water Cooled
Save by ordering the Crash Bars and Skid Plate for the water cooled R 1200 GS as a kit instead of separate pieces.
The new R 1200 GS Water Cooled is generating a lot of buzz in the ADV world. At over 500 pounds it also generates a lot of force in a crash. Provide absolute protection for your liquid cooled R 1200 GS with the Crash Bar and Skid Plate System from AltRider.
The heart of the system is the 3/16 inch (4.76 mm) stainless steel bracket on each side that serves as a mounting point for the crash bars and skid plate – linking them together to form an incredibly strong unit that distributes force evenly throughout the entire structure. The brackets attach to the frame of the motorcycle ensuring impact from a crash isn’t transferred to your water boxer motor. Two sturdy M12 Torx bolts secure each bracket preventing them from twisting on impact.
The AltRider Crash Bars are constructed from stout 1.25 inch (31.75 mm) stainless steel tubing and provide complete protection to the cylinder head and motor in the event of a fall. Available in shot peen satin, powder coat black and powder coat triple black. See a full description of the crash bars.
The 3/16 inch (4.76 mm) thick AltRider Skid Plate provides one piece tire-to-tire protection of the entire underside of the motorcycle and exhaust. The patent pending design completely isolates the motor from impacts to the skid plate. Available in anodized silver or black. See a full description of the skid plate.
To see the AltRider Crash Bars and Skid Plate in action, check out the AltRider Crash Test Part One and Part Two.
- All AltRider motorcycle accessories are 100% designed and manufactured in the USA
- System does not rely on motor as mount, deflecting impacts away from engine
- Complete protection system for the R 1200 GSW includes AltRider Crash Bars, Skid Plate and mounting brackets
- 3/16 inch (4.76 mm) stainless steel brackets link Crash Bars and Skid Plate – distributing impact evenly throughout structure
- Crash Bars available in shot peen satin, powder coat black and powder coat triple black (grey)
- Skid Plate available in anodized silver or black
- Compatible with R 1200 GS Rallye (including Sport Suspension) and Exclusive models
- Compatible with Remus header
- “Triple Black (grey)” crash bar color matches the Agate Grey frame tube color of the Exlusive
- “Blue” powder coat crash bar color made to mimic the frame color of the Rallye edition