EVO Fog lights
Increased safety on the road: the extra-wide beam on these EVO fog lights provides better “see and be seen” abilities in fog and bad weather. The EVO fog lights are water- and dustproof in accordance with safety class IP69. Powerful LEDs provide the best view, while wear-resistant housings ensure long life.
SW-MOTECH was looking for a strong partner for the development of the new EVO fog lights, and trusts the know-how of an experienced top producer in the automotive industry. The focus lies in its compact shape and in the fulfillment of the highest quality standards.
- Trouble- and maintenance-free operation due to almost wear-free LED, considerably reduced energy consumption
- Compact size with a diameter of 7.1cm
- Water- and dustproof (safety class: IP69)
- Voltage: 12 V; cable harness for easy connection to the motorcycle battery is included, no change to motorcycle electric required
- Splash-proof and illuminated handlebar switch for easy operation
- Lights have an ECE test mark (ECE R19 F3)
- Power: 12 W / luminous flux: 1,050 LM each light
- Splash-proof and bright green handlebar switch for convenient operation
- Mounting points on all four sides
- Installation on headlight clamps for crash bar (Ø 22, 26, 27, 28 mm) or bike-specific brackets
Included in delivery
- 2 x EVO Fog lights
- 1 x Cable harness with safety device
- 1 x Handlebar switch, glows green
- Mounting instructions
- Mounting material
- Material: Aluminum
- Surface: powder coated
- Color: black
- Size: 7,1 x 7,1 cm / 2.8 x 2.8 in
- Total Weight: appr. 1,3 kg / appr. 2.9 lb
- Note that due to the curvature of the reflector the “TOP” mark must always be at the top.
- Please observe the legal regulations applicable in your country for the operation and installation of fog lights.
Required for mounting
- Crash bar clamps or model-specific light mount available separately.
The lights have an ECE test mark (ECE R19 F3). ECE numbers allow installation without third-party approval by a testing institute such as TÜV or DEKRA. The following are decisive in determining how headlights are to be mounted: the nationwide StVZO (German Road Traffic Licensing Act; § 52) within the Federal Republic of Germany and, within Europe, EEC directive 93/92 regarding lighting and signaling devices for two-wheelers and three-wheelers. Among other things, these state the following:
– The front of a motorcycle must have a white light and the back a red light; a yellow light may be used on the sides
– One fog light, or two according to the EU directive, may be mounted on the motorcycle
– According to the Road Traffic Licensing Act, the mounted fog light may be max. 250 mm away from the center (lengthwise) of the vehicle and may also be mounted on the crash bar
– When mounting lights in pairs, they must be symmetrical to the center of the vehicle and positioned at the same height
– The luminosity of the lights must be identical
– The fog light must not be operated at the same time as the high beams
– The fog light must not be positioned higher than the low beams
– The information in the mounting instructions must be adhered to.
Regulations for approval in the respective country must be clarified prior to purchasing the product.